We are writing to update you on the progress being made with the refurbishment of the Arts Centre.
The Sub-Committee has continued to meet fortnightly with Colin, Geoff and Rob monitoring progress on a weekly basis. The project has made significant progress to date but though we planned to complete the work by the end of September, due to the ever-changing issues with the pandemic, we hope to have all major works completed by the end of January with some finishing touches carried out in February.
Currently we are undertaking the following;
- New boiler installed
- Utility room installed in the shower room
- Complete rewire of hall electrics
- Technical gallery construction completed
- New heater units have been installed (replacing old radiators in the hall)
- Toilet washing facilities have been upgraded (Non-touch taps and soap dispensers)
Work will shortly start on the following:
- Deconstruct and construct a new porch
- Install mirrors
- Decorate interior and exterior
- Install roller shutter doors
- Install new stage
We are pleased to report that although we have been delayed, the Sub-committee are confident that we will be able to keep to the budget set by the Management Committee. We would like to thank our contractors who have been working throughout in difficult circumstances.
Stay safe and we wish you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and hopefully we can be together at the Arts Centre soon.
Arts Centre Refurbishment Sub Committee
On behalf of the Wellington Arts Association Management Committee